Opt-in to Freemius fails in v2.2.1

After installing this add-on, I am requested to opt-in. I click “Allow & Continue” but I am returned to the same page each time. There is no opt-in link for this add-on in WP plugins. The main plugin still indicates that I need to opt-in.

I see previous topics on this that states v2.2.1 should fix this, but I am on v2.2.1. Please advise and thank you.

Sorry to dig up an old topic, but I’m having the same behavior, with nearly the same error message:

2023/08/14 17:31:11 [error] 168493#168493: *114996 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning:  Undefined array key "id" in /var/www/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/wp-fail2ban/vendor/freemius/wordpress-sdk/templates/connect/permission.php on line 29PHP message: PHP Warning:  Undefined array key "id" in /var/www/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/wp-fail2ban/vendor/freemius/wordpress-sdk/templates/connect/permission.php on line 29PHP message: PHP Warning:  Undefined array key "id" in /var/www/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/wp-fail2ban/vendor/freemius/wordpress-sdk/templates/connect/permission.php on line 30" while reading upstream, client: 0.0.0.0, server: example.com, request: "POST /wp-admin/admin.php?page=wp-fail2ban_addon_blocklist HTTP/2.0", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php8.1-fpm.sock:", host: "www.example.com", referrer: "https://www.example.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=wp-fail2ban_addon_blocklist

WP-fail2ban plugin version is 5.2.0, PHP 8.1, WordPress 6.3 on ubuntu server.
Any idea what happened?

Actually, my issue was resolved: turns out I didn’t opt-in on the main plugin, which was apparently what caused the opt-in page for the add-on to bug out… Hope this can help others running into this issue.

That’s great news! Not just that it’s resolved for you, but it’s likely the fix I’ve been working on is the correct one.

For anyone still having this problem, can you try changing line 142 of wpf2b-addon-blocklist/admin/admin.php to:

($wf_fs->is_registered() && $wf_fs->is_tracking_allowed()))

and let me know what happens?

I just did that and no dice, @wp-fail2ban :sweat_smile:

2023/08/28 20:36:49 [error] 1005862#1005862: *473957 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning:  Undefined array key "id" in /var/www/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/wp-fail2ban/vendor/freemius/wordpress-sdk/templates/connect/permission.php on line 29PHP message: PHP Warning:  Undefined array key "id" in /var/www/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/wp-fail2ban/vendor/freemius/wordpress-sdk/templates/connect/permission.php on line 29PHP message: PHP Warning:  Undefined array key "id" in /var/www/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/wp-fail2ban/vendor/freemius/wordpress-sdk/templates/connect/permission.php on line 30" while reading upstream, client: 141.101.68.88, server: 3detplus.ch, request: "POST /wp-admin/admin.php?page=wp-fail2ban_addon_blocklist HTTP/2.0", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php8.1-fpm.sock:", host: "www.3detplus.ch", referrer: "https://www.3detplus.ch/wp-admin/admin.php?page=wp-fail2ban_addon_blocklist

Note: I’m running a self-hosted WP, and I don’t know if that impacts this?