Release 4.2.8 -- To activate Gravity Forms

There is a message at the top of the wp-admin page that says
You are just one step away - [Complete “WP fail2ban - Gravity Forms” Activation Now]

I clicked on it and get taken to the Release notes for 4.2.8 which has at the top:

WP fail2ban

You are just one step away - *[Complete “WP fail2ban - Gravity Forms” Activation Now]
WP fail2ban - Gravity Forms

Clicking on the link just refreshes the release page and doesn’t seem to activate Gravity Forms because the message is still there. I checked the settings for WP fail2ban and there is no section for Gravity Forms. I also checked the Gravity Forms settings and there is nothing there about fail2ban.

The activation doesn’t seem to be working. What exactly is supposed to get activated? What will it do?

It sounds like you’re using the WPf2b Gravity Forms add-on; was it activated before you installed 4.2.8?

No it wasn’t activated before installing 4.2.8. That is why it keeps showing the message to activate it.

I’ve not been able to reproduce anything like this so far, so I’m wondering if something Freemius-related isn’t quite in sync.

Could you take a look at:

/wp-admin/admin.php?page=freemius

and see if anything obvious stands out? You can DM me a screenshot if you like - it’ll have things on it you don’t want to post in public.