5.2.2 bricks site due to require_once'd file class-fs-garbage-collector.php missing from includes

[28-Jan-2024 20:51:01] WARNING: [pool www] child 41948 said into stderr: "NOTICE: PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Failed opening required '/usr/local/www/REDACTED/wp-content/plugins/wp-fail2ban/vendor/freemius/wordpress-sdk/includes/class-fs-garbage-collector.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/share/pear') in /usr/local/www/REDACTED/wp-content/plugins/wp-fail2ban/vendor/freemius/wordpress-sdk/require.php:22"

Here’s the offending line.
Here’s the directory missing the file.

1 Like

+1
Registered for an account here because all my sites running WP F2B have now crashed with this exact same error.

+1 confirmed after a couple sites auto-updated.

Fortunately I got an email from the affected sites with a link to ‘recovery mode’ to disable the plugin.

1 Like

Same.

[28-Jan-2024 23:01:11 UTC] PHP Warning: require_once(/sites/[redacted]/files/wp-content/plugins/wp-fail2ban/vendor/freemius/wordpress-sdk/includes/class-fs-garbage-collector.php): Failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /sites/[redacted]/files/wp-content/plugins/wp-fail2ban/vendor/freemius/wordpress-sdk/require.php on line 22

Had to disable the plugin to restore site functionality.

1 Like

5.2.2.1 is now out and seems to fix the issue; I was able to update on a broken site & fix it in-place in recovery mode.

Thanks for the speedy fix.

I’ve added the missing file to 5.2.2 (that fixes it for anyone who was just about to update), and I’ve pushed 5.2.2.1 for anyone who’s already updated.

More info to follow later.

2 Likes